Lettering From A to Z
12 Styles & Awesome Projects for a Creative Life (Calligraphy, Printmaking, Hand Lettering)
Spark Your Creativity with Calligraphy
“I found Lettering from A to Z to be an open door, inviting me to play and create in entirely new ways.” —Sherry Richert Belul, author of Say it Now and founder of Simply Celebrate
#1 New Release in Handwriting Reference, Mixed Media, and Printmaking
Lettering artist Phawnda Moore has been teaching calligraphy and design for 25 years. An award-winning author, she steps into beginning students’ shoes to select content, address anticipated questions, and offer solutions to the unexpected yet inevitable problems that are encountered in hand lettering.
“Lettering from A to Z . . .” stands out from the crowd! It was written for all levels of experience and nourishes creative thinking through mindful practice. Blending traditional design principles and modern tools, it will inspire you to find your own style.
Your creative life will be enriched with step-by-step tutorials “from A to Z.” Written in conversational narrative, this full-color book includes more than 200 images of Phawnda’s professional work, published articles, and guidance from her class demos to make beautiful projects.
Phawnda's instruction includes:
- 12 styles (Uncial calligraphy, Italic calligraphy, script calligraphy, brush lettering, faux calligraphy, rainbow lettering, monoline letters, handwriting and drawn letters)
- Customized, printable practice sheets
- Recommended writing tools, papers, sources, printing tips
- Layout, color, and design basics
- Lettering projects for youngsters
- Tips on how to organize your studio space
- Tips on sharing your skills in teaching, business, events, home, garden, and community
- Illustrating with calligraphy tools
- Projects to make handmade birthday cards, holiday cards, journals of your life, and easy-to-design art books
If you enjoyed Hand Lettering 101, The Lost Art of Handwriting, or Hand Lettering for Relaxation, then it’s time to grab a copy of Lettering from A to Z and reconnect to your natural creativity.